Lost Planet 3 reveals new truths about the foreboding planet and the colonial history of E.D.N. III, returning players to the extreme and unpredictable conditions that characterized the Lost Planet series, now harsher than ever before. The game delivers a diverse range of gameplay including on-foot battles and intense first person action. With a number of multiplayer modes and a compelling single player experience, Lost Planet 3 will delved into the hidden truths within the unique and dynamic environment of E.D.N. III.
Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N. III working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC.) NEVEC's existing Thermal Energy reserve is running low, and the fate of the Coronis mission depends on the natural source of the energy supply being located. Realizing the opportunity for a huge pay-off and early ticket home, Jim braves the risk of the treacherous environment and threat of the indigenous Akrid. Acting as a home away from home and boasting an array of tools that can assist Jim on the field, the utility rig provides Jim's safety and is essential for not only his contract work but also his protection against the ever-changing climate.
- Return to extreme conditions -- Taking the series back to its roots Lost Planet 3 returns to E.D.N. III, delivering a dynamic battle field that's more dangerous than ever before with an ever changing climate that will affect the way you play
- Brave the terrifying -- Play as blue collar worker Jim, risking assignments in treacherous conditions to earn his hazard pay and return home to his family
- Home away from home -- Protect yourself from hostile Akrid and the unpredictable ice storms on E.D.N. III with your utility rig. Equipped with an assortment of tools you'll need to learn to use the rig to your advantage in order to survive
- Gameplay Variety -- Offering a mix of first person combat in the rig and third person gunplay on foot
- Intense, cinematic experience -- Developed with the Unreal Engine 3, Lost Planet 3 presents a visually stunning and unique terrain that impacts the gameplay
- Killer enemies -- The Akrid are back, bigger and angrier and demanding a more tactical approach during combat
- Reveal the hidden truths of E.D.N. III -- The uncharted world has many secrets locked away. Jim's search for T-Energy will ultimately reveal further mysteries
- Lonely Planet? -- Lost Planet 3 will support a full set of multiplayer modes that enhance players experience of the Lost Planet world