Sonic the Hedgehog and all the rest of SEGA's great cast of characters hit the road again in this sequel to the hit racing game. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed offers convertible vehicles, brand new characters, and killer All-Stars moves! Following on from the huge success of Sonic & SEGA All-Star's Racing, the characters now have their own unique transforming vehicles designed to take advantage of the varying terrain. The line-up on the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed grid sees SEGA favorites -- including Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr Eggman and AiAi -- return to battle against newcomers that include Gilius Thunderhead of Golden Axe and Vyse of Skies of Arcadia.
- Brand new dynamic environments and tracks: Inspired by SEGA's illustrious gaming history, tracks include Dragon Canyon (of Panzer Dragoon fame) and Super Monkey Ball's Temple Trouble.
- Fully transforming vehicles: As players race across land, air and sea, their vehicles dynamically transform from cars, to boats, to planes; each vehicle is uniquely customized to complement its character.
- All-Star moves: Incredibly popular in the first installment of the game, the All-Star moves return with a brand-new mechanic that powers up the more daringly you race.
- Fair weapon system: An all-new system ensures that weapons can be blocked or evaded once you gain the skills to do so, creating a unique racing experience for each player.
- Multiplayer game modes: Grand Prix and Battle Arenas
- Enhanced multiplayer: Play with up to eight people in online multiplayer mode. And on Wii U, four players on the TV and one on the Wii U GamePad -- splitscreen has literally transformed!
- Wii U GamePad Functionality: Use the Wii U GamePad as a map, weapon camera or rear view mirror, utilize tilt controls, or swipe the screen at any time to move the action from your TV to the Wii U GamePad screen.
- Exclusive Multiplayer Modes: Team up with friends to defend an airship from attack, or use your monkey ball to squash rival racers, plus even more!
- Playable Mii Characters: Put yourself into your favorite SEGA worlds by playing as a Mii and its own transforming vehicle.
- Number Of Players: 1-8
- Online - VS Number Of Players: 8