- You turn on your PlayStation 3.
- The power light may stay green for a short time.
- Then the power light quickly flashes yellow once, beeps three times and then flashes red continuously.
These symptoms indicate a hardware fault:
- Usually the the main processor has become disconnected from the mainboard, which this repair covers.
- In some instances the power supply can be at fault, in which case you will only be charged for a power supply replacement.
- In worst case scenarios the motherboard has failed entirely, which is unrepairable, and you will only be charged an appraisal fee.
This problem is generally caused by overheatng - often (but not always) from an excessive build up of dust in the air vents and inside the console. More specifically, one or more of the hundreds of tiny connection points underneath the processor has cracked.
We re-attach the main processors to the motherboard using a purpous built machine called a BGA re-work station, a process which usually takes around 3 hours to complete. We also include the following:
- A 6 Month Warranty on the repair!
- An internal cooling fan upgrade (to reduce the chances of this problem happening again).
- Full service: cleaning of all internal parts and removing all dust to improve air circulation.
Our repair service has a 5 working day turnaround.
|Packaged Weight||0 Kg|