NBA '08 sets new standards for graphics as well as adding a host of new features and innovative game-play functions. To complement the fast-paced basketball action, NBA '08 introduces an all-new progression system where players earn skill and experience rewards that can be used to thoroughly customize player appearance and play styles.
With an upgraded control system that utilizes broader SIXAXIS functionality, gamers can engage in all-new and comprehensive game-play movement on and off the ball.
Character models are updated with new animations, more dynamic movement, and new skin textures to give them a more realistic look. Additionally, the user interface has been significantly revamped to incorporate a truer NBA look and feel. Also offers a fully reworked user interface, revamped character models and environments, and a robust online system with player profiles and quick play options.
- All-New Progression System - NBA '08 introduces a new system of rewarding players for game exploration and advancement by providing numerous customizable player options. As gamers play NBA '08, they will be challenged to complete tasks and goals that will earn experience. In turn, experience can be used to customize characters and show them off as status symbols of game achievement. Reaching higher profile levels will grant access to better gear and unlockable content, and players will be able to house awards in a virtual trophy room.
- Full HD 1080p - NBA '08 continues to deliver true high definition at 60 frames per second, delivering the sharpest and most realistic basketball experience available.
- NBA '08 improves on team gameplay elements - Offensive and defensive player positioning is more authentic, where players space themselves correctly on offence and defenders react more realistically to shots, lay-ups, and shifts in offence.
- SIXAXIS Controls - Expanded SIXAXIS functionality provides an all-new and deeper set of control options including specific dribbles as well as high and low offensive and defensive moves.
- Expanded Character Movement - A new contact mechanism takes into account a player's momentum when pushing into one another, introducing a "physical" (as opposed to finesse) game play mechanic.
- Brand New Animations - Animation variety is significantly increased, featuring a variety of new passing and dribbling styles, defensive postures that include high and wide coverage, as well as new looks for box out and post-up activity.
- Enhanced Character Models - Utilizing a refined version of lighting and shadier techniques, NBA '08 produces characters that look more authentic and realistic than ever.
- Mini-Games - Play on your own or against friends in multiple mini-games including - "Own the Court", 3-Point Shootout, and the PlayStation Skills Challenge.
|Product Type||PS3 Software|
|Packaged Weight||0.1 Kg|
|Developer||SCEA San Diego|