Frequently bought together
- : Genuine PlayStation 3 Hard Drive Mounting Bracket (aka Caddy)
Important: 3rd party Hard Drive must be 2.5inch SATA type drive only
Manufacturer's DescriptionYou can upgrade the hard disk drive on New Look/Super Slim PS3 systems with model numbers CECH-4000A and CECH-4000B which correspond to the 12GB and 500GB systems. To do this, all you need is the official mounting bracket accessory and an additional hard disk drive (sold separately).
1. Press the power button to turn off the system.
The power indicator turns solid red and the system enters standby mode.
2. Unplug the AC power cord, and then disconnect the other cables from the system.
For safety reasons, remove the plug for the power cord from the electrical outlet, and then detach the other cables.
3. Remove the hard disk drive.
Remove the HDD cover and gently pull the handle to remove the HDD.
4. Install the new hard disk drive.
Place the HDD in the new mounting bracket, open the HDD bay cover and insert the HDD into your PS3. You should refer to the installation steps in the instruction manual supplied with the hard disk drive or mounting bracket for full details.
5. Reinstall the system software.
After the hard disk has been replaced, the system software must be reinstalled.
- The hard disk is a sensitive piece of equipment and should be handled with care at all times. To help prevent software or data loss or corruption, or damage to the hard disk, carefully follow the precautions listed below.
- Do not throw or drop the system or hard disk, or otherwise expose either device to strong vibrations or strong physical impact.
- Do not allow liquid or small particles to get into the system or hard disk.
- Do not touch the connectors or insert foreign objects into the connectors.
- Do not place the system or hard disk close to magnetic fields such as those produced by magnets or loudspeakers. Also, do not place devices that may be sensitive to magnetic forces (such as a wrist watch or a credit card) near the hard disk.
- Do not put heavy objects on the hard disk.
- When handling the hard disk, hold it only by the edges or metal frame.
- The hard disk is sensitive to static electricity. Ensure that proper handling methods are used when installing the hard disk.
- Store in a cool, dry location.
- Images may vary depending on the model or the software version in use.
|Product Type||PS3 Accessory|
|Packaged Weight||0.3 Kg|
|Model||PS3 (New Look)|