The Gamesmen is a family owned & operated business, since 1982.
We dispatch within 1 business day to ensure the fastest delivery time.
Have a question? We're here to help! 02 9580 9888
The time is yesterday and the Cold War is in full swing. Through means devious and dubious you have seized power in the Caribbean island country of Tropico, where you now rule as the all-powerful "El Presidente".
You decide whether you want to use your army to secure your power base in the best traditions of corrupt, unscrupulous tyrants everywhere or lead your people to prosperity in your role as generous elder statesman.
No matter whether you turn Tropico into a vacation paradise, a police state or a modern industrial nation - you will always have to defend your actions before your people! Wander through Tropico as El Presidente in order to intimidate political opponents, hold populist speeches or just to enjoy your country's own Caribbean flair.
Don't forget to keep a sharp eye on the dangers and side-effects of your absolute power! Danger lurks on every corner, be it militant revolutionaries bent on installing a communist junta, or the machinations of the superpowers USA and the Soviet Union, both of whom would like to see a more amenable ruler in strategically important Tropico!
History takes its course with events such as the Cuba crisis, papal visits and other actual decisive historical events.
The only question is whether or not you can play a role in that history!
Tropico 3 Gold Edition also includes the Absolute Power expansion!
Tropico 3 Absolute Power gives players all-new options to rule as an unscrupulous tyrant or benevolent elder statesmen as they decide how to run their very own tropical island paradise. A successful and lucrative term in office is the goal! Absolute Power is packed with new missions, new islands and a whole host of new gameplay features.
- Comprehensive campaign with 15 different missions
- A variety of business sectors: Tourism, petroleum, mining, agriculture, etc.
- A timeline editor allows you to create your own fictive historical events or enter real ones
- Avatar function: Wander the island as El Presidente and change the course of play
- Political speeches, edicts and "other" means of influence
- A wide range of editing and modification functions
- Mission generator for random map creation
- The cinematic, highly detailed graphics perfectly reflect
- A variety of online-functions such as high scores or visiting islands belonging to other players
- Great Latin soundtrack
Absolute Power added features
- New campaign featuring 10 missions on a separate map with 10 islands also available in sandbox mode
- 6 new buildings (including Garbage Dump, Marina, Small Garage, Children's Playground etc) and a new buildings category for current and new decorations with individual icons mode
- 10 new Megalomania edicts - demonstrate your absolute power by ordering the construction of a huge golden statue of Tropico's top export, declaring an annual festival dedicated to yourself or even print your own money!
- 6 Landmarks - Build huge decorations and buildings which dominate the island landscape and make each island unique.
- New faction - The new Loyalist faction are your die hard supporters and want no elections (since you're obviously the best candidate) and want a statue of you on every corner!
- Faction Disasters - Low standing with any island faction will trigger new disasters if not addressed
- New Intro and Win/Lose Cutscenes
- 4 Additional Avatar Costumes - 2 for male and 2 for female avatars
- Beautification upgrades for the presidential palace including rooftop pool, extra towers, flags, banners and a larger balcony (which will increase the effects of balcony speeches)
- More icons displaying the status of buildings and displaying input/output storage numbers for selected buildings
- Prevalent faction - In every sandbox game one faction is chosen as "prevalent" on the island. Members of this faction will be especially numerous throughout the entire game and their satisfaction will be more important than usual
- More Radio Announcements to guide you through Tropico's daily life
- Gravel roads - Second type of road for rural areas with decreased travel speed
Tentative Minimum System Requirements (TBC):
Windows XP & Vista
2.4 GHz Single Core processor
1 GB RAM
4 GB free HD space
256 MB DirectX9c graphics adapter, Shader Model 3 (Geforce 6 series, Radeon X1300)
|UPC||Does not apply|
|Product Type||PC Software|
|Packaged Weight (Kg)||0.1000|
|Developer||Haemimont Games AD|