- Home /
- Making History The Calm & The Storm /
The Gamesmen is a family owned & operated business, since 1982.
We dispatch within 1 business day to ensure the fastest delivery time.
Have a question? We're here to help! 02 9580 9888
A World War II Game Experience Unlike Any Other!
Making History puts players in control of the global conflict of World War II. Its unique and complex design challenges gamers to achieve economic and diplomatic victory, not just military success. The game puts you in the role of a head of state, leading a struggling nation through challenges based on real historic events, using accurate historical data. Everything flows from your decisions as a leader. Each action you take has historically valid consequences and the game's sophisticated AI and dynamic world models react accurately to events and decisions in the game.
Making History: The Calm & The Storm was originally produced as an educational title in November of 2004. With significant improvements in the version 2.0 (including greatly improved gameplay, a more streamlined User Interface, and a much more dynamic Artificial Intelligence supporting computer-played nations), Making History is now available in stores in a retail package from publisher Strategy First.
- Get Started Quickly and Easily - Intuitive interface, helpful advisors and clear goals make the game easy to play. Your advisors can take care of all the fine details, if you like, so that you can concentrate on big-picture strategies.
- See What Happens in the World - Each turn you have access to an easy-to-read report that summarizes all of the events that have happened in previous turns.
- Conduct Diplomacy - Negotiate and sign treaties with other countries, demand territory or request military access. Schedule a diplomatic conference and work out thorny issues using the game's built-in chat system.
- Build your Military Strength - Build and deploy military units for your army, air force or navy. Invest in research and hurry military production. Mobilize or demobilize your units, or even loan them to other countries.
- Govern your Citizens - Set priorities for spending on domestic welfare, education and public works. Decide how to deal with dissenters: negotiate or arrest them all? How much freedom do you give your press? What rights do you give minorities? Secure your political strength through public briefings or propaganda.
- Mobilize your Economy - Generate revenue through taxation, trade, or resource and infrastructure development. Invest in industry or research, request or send foreign aid, embargo other countries' goods and even force a population segment into unpaid labor.
- Embark on Expansion or Defend your Homeland - Create military operations with high-level orders, or control your forces directly. Issue orders to move units, attack, bomb, patrol or blockade enemy positions. Fortify your own positions or retreat to fight another day.
- Play Against History (or Use It to Your Advantage) - See if you can do better than your real-life counterparts. Measure your results against scenario goals with graphic readouts. The game's Historian feature gives you tips on key mistakes that were made in real life - and how you might avoid them.
- See the Consequences of your actions in the dynamic game world - Make your plans, press "GO" and see the results of your actions unfold - and those of your allies and enemies. Military moves and attacks and domestic incidents animate in the game world maps, while diplomatic news is highlighted in headlines.
- Play Intense Single-Player and Multiplayer Modes - Choose a country and play against other networked players, each playing a world leader. Use built in chat and negotiation interfaces to conduct diplomacy. In single-player mode, The Calm and The Storm still provides you with exciting action: you face realistic strategy and policy challenges, thanks to the game's AI and accurate models of countries, leaders and advisors.
- Create your own MODs - The Calm and The Storm will ship with a powerful set of customization tools that will let you change the behavior of advisors and non-player countries, or create your own scenarios. Post your mods on our website for others to enjoy.
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows XP or 2000 or Vista Operating System
Pentium III or Athlon 1.0GHz Processor
512 MB RAM
1 GB available hard drive space
32 MB Video Card
|UPC||Does not apply|
|Product Type||PC Software|
|Packaged Weight (Kg)||0.1000|
There are no product questions yet.
Please login to your account to post a question