A That's Hot! Double Shot!
Get 2 scorching hot shooters, the free-roaming Just Cause and the mega-customisable Deus Ex, for less than $20!
In Just Cause, you are a field operative and specialist in regime change backed by the CIA who will overthrow the corrupt government of San Esperito. The rogue South American state is suspected of stockpiling Weapons of Mass Destruction, and it's your mission to negate the threat this poses to world peace. It could be to your advantage that the tropical paradise is about to implode as various factions vie for power - it just needs a gentle nudge in the right direction.
Just Cause offers the freedom to tackle your assignments however you want: playing the island's factions against one another, inciting a rebellion among the masses and building alliances with rebel forces and drug cartels. The action takes place in an incredibly detailed game world which consists of over 1,024sq kilometres of mountains, jungles, beaches, cities and villages. The island can be explored by land, sea and air, as you will have at your disposal one of the most varied and exciting array of vehicles ever seen in a video game.
- Massive game world - 32 x 32 km without any loading times, limitations or invisible walls.
- Various environments - big cities, towns, resorts, casinos and many more.
- +100 vehicles; Land, sea and air.
- +25 weapons.
- +20 story missions written by Matt Costello and Neil Richards.
- First game based on the acclaimed Avalanche Engine
In Deus Ex, the gamer plays the role of J.C. Denton, a rookie anti-terrorist agent with UNATCO - the UN Anti-Terrorist Coalition. J.C., a nano-technologically augmented operative with remarkable abilities, has been ordered to investigate the terrorist activity in and around New York concerning a plague called the Gray Death. The elusive plague has no known cure and the only temporary treatment is Ambrosia, which is in drastically short supply. J.C. must make sure that the terrorists do not divert supplies of Ambrosia from the people who truly need it. But as J.C. encounters the terrorists, he begins to notice certain discrepancies, and eventually questions the nature of his orders. Ultimately, J.C. ends up distrusting UNATCO and is caught in the middle of mind-bending plot as various groups vie for control of the world. In discovering the facts, J.C. learns that in this world you can trust no one, as your enemies, and even your allies, may be more than they appear.
- Real role-playing from an immersive 3D, first-person perspective. The game includes action, character interaction and problem solving.
- Realistic, recognizable locations. Many of the locations are built from actual blueprints of real places set in a near future scenario.
- A game filled with people rather than monsters. This creates empathy with the game characters and enhances the realism of the game world.
- Rich character development systems: Skills, augmentations, weapon and item selections and multiple solutions to problems ensure that no two players will end the game with similar characters.
- Multiple solutions to problems and character development choices ensure a varied game experience. Talk, fight or use skills to get past obstacles as the game adapts itself to your style of play.
- Strong storyline: Built on "real" conspiracy theories, current events and expected advancements in technology. If it's in the game, someone, somewhere believes it.
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows 2000/ XP/ Vista (Just Cause only)/ 95 & 98 (Deus Ex only)
Pentium 4 1.4GHz or Athlon XP equivalent processor
100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB 3D accelerated video card with TnL (GeForce4 ti4200/ Radeon 9 series)
4x DVD-ROM drive
Windows 2000/ XP, 100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
7.6GB free HD space
Mouse & keyboard
|Product Type||PC Software|
|Packaged Weight||0.1 Kg|
|Developer||Avalanche/ Ion Storm|