Manufacturer's DescriptionAs the invasion begins, players choose to battle as one of five unique classes in either the EDF (Earth Defense Force humans) or the barbaric alien Strogg armies, each augmented with specialist weapons and combat hardware. Troops utilize over 40 conventional and futuristic vehicles, deployable structures, and defense systems like quad-bikes, tanks, and alien walkers for epic ground assaults; or helicopters and anti-gravity ships to lend firepower from the air. Throughout each battle, teams establish bases, deploy defense structures, artillery, radar, and advanced forward-command systems into enemy territory while constructing and demolishing obstacles to speed progress and gain a tactical advantage over the enemy.
With realistic dynamic lighting and shadowing from headlights, searchlights and even the moon, battles can be fought during the day or night; while accurate simulation of the atmosphere, weather, and vegetation combine to create an unparalleled degree of realism. Battlefields are perfectly rendered using MegaTexture, a totally new rendering technology developed by id Software that crunches millions of polygons and a gigabyte-scale texture into a single, seamless and un-tiled landscape with unique detail down to the square inch or the un-obscured distant horizon.
* Two playable armies, each delivering a totally unique gameplay experience, with distinctive technology, abilities, weapons, vehicles, and structures.
* Combat focused on key Capture, Construct and Destroy objectives, but open-ended to allow limitless strategy and improvised missions and tactics.
* Complete individual assignments and objectives to gain experience and rank during a single mission or an overarching campaign of three linked missions.
* An array of land, sea, and air vehicles, with multiple combat positions including driver, gunner, passenger and even commander.
* Unlimited strategic options with deployable Radar, Fire Support and Defense Turrets.
* Cutting edge MegaTexture technology, where stunning visuals, realistic physics, and optimized networking combine to deliver an unparalleled online gaming experience.
* Special Edition bonuses include 10 oversized, high-gloss collectible cards and bonus disc with concept art, Hi-Def videos including developer interviews, the evolution of ETQW packaging artwork, downloadable IM icons, ringtones, and music tracks.
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista
128 MB NVIDIA Geforce 5700 or ATI Radeon 9700
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 2800+ processor
5 GB of free hard drive space, plus 700MB for Windows swap file
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (included)
100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Broadband connection and service required for full gameplay and downloads
Mouse and keyboard
4X DVD-ROM drive (600 K/sec sustained transfer rate)
Supported Video Chipsets: NVIDIA GeforceFX Series (5700 or higher, not including 5700LE and 5700VE), NVIDIA Geforce 6 Series (6200 or higher) NVIDIA Geforce 7 Series (7300 or higher), NVIDIA Geforce 8 Series, ATI Radeon 9700 or higher, ATI Radeon X700 or higher, ATI Radeon X1650 or higher
Intel Pentium 4 3 Ghz or higher for Windows Vista
768 MB RAM for Windows Vista
|Product Type||PC Software|
|Packaged Weight||0.1 Kg|
|Developer||Splash Damage/ id Software|