The DC-3 was always the aircraft that manufacturers wanted to replace with something better and more modern but the DC-3 performed so well that a viable replacement wasn't easy to produce - hence the saying, "The only aircraft to replace a DC-3 is another DC-3."
This fantastic package features the Douglas DC-3 in seven classic airline liveries, as well as two USAAF C-47 transports and an RAF Dakota. Also included are the AC-47 gunship, which saw service in the Vietnam war, and a fully flyable Waco CG-4A glider!
The aircraft exteriors and virtual cockpits are all modelled to the highest level of detail, and civilian passenger cabins and military cargo holds are modelled with appropriate animations - suitably dressed stewardesses and crew vehicles for the airliners, and cargo and troops in the military transports.
Fly the many variants of a true Legend of Flight!
- Fully detailed Pratt & Whitney and Wright Cyclone radial engines with detailed ignition systems, pushrods etc.
- Animations includeÂ doors, access panels, correct cowl flap operation (rubber spacers between vanes) and many more
- Reflective, bump and specular effects for realistic metal, fabric and riveted surfaces
- High quality sound set
- Superb detail throughout - undercarriage detail, 'block' tread on tyres, mini-guns in the AC-47 gunships
- Custom flight dynamics
- Comprehensive manual
- Layered paint kit for the DC-3 and C-47
- Special effects including engine start-up smoke and exhaust flames
- Checklists and Reference files
The DC-3 Virtual Cockpits come with fully detailed interior cabins, featuringÂ a hostess figure is in the doorway of the exterior model and a passenger in the interior. A boarding ladder is provided for the converted C-47 versionsÂ withÂ the military-type doors, and the other DC-3s have drop-down doors with integral steps and animated hand-holds.
Models feature theÂ correctÂ passenger/cargo door variations thatÂ featured on the aircraft in different airlines.Â
- Capital Airlines
- American Airlines 'Knoxville'Â
- British European Airways (BEA)Â
- Cambrian Airways
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines (USA)
- C-47 Transport - 'Argonia' 94th TCS -Â D8 - lead ship for first wave, 6th June 1944Â (Parachute ops with troops aboard)Â
- C-47 Transport - 'Argonia' D8 - US Army Payload (Willis Jeep and troops aboard)Â
- RAF Dakota -Â YS as flown by Flt. Lt. D.S.A. Lord VC (with cargo load)Â
- AC-47 Gunship - 'Puff' - Silver and white scheme
- Flyable Waco CG-4A glider - Normandy 527848
The C-47 transports come with complete, accurate interiors containing fully modelled fit-outs for parachute ops, a Radio/NavigationÂ station and a fully detailed functional Virtual Cockpit. TwoÂ Airborne troopÂ figures are includedÂ along with a detailed Willis jeep.
The AC47 Gunship has accurately modelled mini-guns fitted to the fuselage and doorways and the VC has the correct gun-sight adaption in the pilot's side window and a gunÂ operation panel. The VC view includes a detailed interior including aÂ gunner.
The Waco glider comes with two military pilots and aÂ fully functional VC for flying independently in tow mode with the correct release mechanism and handles for the tow rope. The nose of the glider swings open for cargo loading.
Minimum System Requirements:
Flight Simulator X - Acceleration orÂ SP2 (DX10 Preview compatible)
3.0GHz or any Dual Core
256Mb graphics card
Windows 7, Vista or XP
1.0Gb hard drive space
|Product Type||PC Software|
|Packaged Weight||0.1 Kg|