Watch, Pause & Record Digital Television On Your PlayStation 3
With the ability to watch, pause and record free-to-air TV, PlayTV reinforces PS3's rightful place at the heart of the family's home entertainment needs. With twin HD tuners, PlayTV allows you to watch one program while recording another, or even record while playing a game or enjoying a Blu-ray movie. PlayTV offers a simple solution to the Australian family's TV needs..
The PlayTV Tuner, which plugs into one of the PS3 system's USB ports, is capable of showing and recording free-to-air digital television, and will allow you to record one channel while watching another. It features a comprehensive programme guide which lets you view listings and schedule recordings for the following week.
PlayTV also makes it possible to watch TV programs on the go via Remote Play on PSP (PlayStation®Portable) or via WiFi or 3G with Sony Ericsson's AINO phone.
- Two High Definition TV tuners - both able to watch, pause and record TV in High Definition, as well as Standard Definition. Ability to record TV while playing games or watching a Blu-ray movie or DVD.
- Electronic Program Guide - an incredibly user-friendly, seven-day interface, that provides the navigation for programming the PVR features of PlayTV - it's fast and simple to use, with either SIXAXIS controller or the Blu-ray Remote Control for PS3.
- Compatibility: PlayTV operates on the widely available Digital Video Broadcasting - Terrestrial (DVB-T) format.
- Easy to use: Intuitive controls, single button help features, tutorial videos and simple navigation make PlayTV a joy to use compared with the complex navigation of other PVR models.
- Optional on-screen graphical display provides a wealth of information about the status of PlayTV and enables quick access to program information, stored TV programs and the controls to pause or record live TV.
- PlayTV will also determine the correct settings for either Standard Definition or High Definition displays automatically for a hassle-free viewing experience.
- Portable viewing with PSP -Seamless PSP connectivity allows you to set recordings, watch live TV and recorded TV programs remotely on the PSP, via a WiFi connection (using Remote Play feature).
- Portable viewing with Sony Ericsson AINO - Remote Play via a WiFi or 3G connection.
- It's future-proof: PlayTV will evolve with time - with new features added and updated via PlayStation Network.
- With PlayStation 3, the game is just the start - PS3 is so much more than a games console; now it's a TV tuner and recorder as well - PlayTV is one more reason why PS3 kick starts the home entertainment experience in the living room.
For more information and videos, visit PlayStation's official website