Enter a dark world filled with despair and threaded by hope where your ability to creatively strategize, learn and overcome unpredictable and unique challenges determines your fate. Dark Souls will demand your absolute concentration, unflinchingly punish your mistakes, but reward your ability to learn from death. Each challenge is a mind game met with endless combinations that will test your ability to creatively strategize a way to conquer unimaginable monsters and progress deeper into this bleak and forbidding environment filled with the un-dead.
The game world of Dark Souls is seamless, with no distinct levels and few loading times. Throughout the world, the small, warm light of the beacon fire will serve as a point of subtle relief that glows in the cold, dark world that the player explores. The main functions of The Beacon Fire are as follows:
- Recovery Point: Use the fire to restore the Life Gauge
- Restart Point: When a player dies in the game they can restart from the last Beacon Fire, helping players progress in the face of adversity and death
- Sharing Point: Players may gather around the beacon fire to share the Dark Souls experience
Trailers & Videos Playlist
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult – Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined – learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges. You will organically design your own gameplay style by developing your character and continuously trying different strategies to finally achieve successful progression.
- Fully Seamless World – Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Mastery Earns Progression – Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair‐inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced weaponry & magic spells system, the effectiveness of which is determined by combat situation, fighting style and character attributes. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells,choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
- Network Play – Players may cross paths with one another, interacting with each other throughout the game even as each player plays their own game. Networked play allows users to cross paths with one another to enhance the single-player gameplay experience without destroying it.
- Flexible Character Development & Role Play – As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character's abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style. Players can choose to play as a sword master and a wizard, for example.
- Community – See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
- Symbolic of Life & Hope – The Beacon Fire is an important feature of Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a recovery and re‐spawn point for players whose health gets low, it is also where players can emotionally share experiences with other players, and is the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm.
- In Dark Souls, players have a new friend. The Beacon Fire is a key feature that will permeate the entire game universe, serving a number of important functions for players as they battle on many levels to overcome the uniquely challenging universe.
|Product Type||P/O Xbox 360 Software|
|Packaged Weight||0.01 Kg|