- Home /
- MLB 14: The Show [Pre-Owned] /
The Gamesmen is a family owned & operated business, since 1982.
We dispatch within 1 business day to ensure the fastest delivery time.
Have a question? We're here to help! 02 9580 9888
Next Generation Baseball Has Arrived – MLB 14 The Show makes its next-gen debut on the PS4 system, utilizing the system’s vast resources to deliver exceptionally detailed and fluid gameplay. With improvements to presentation, a wealth of added animations, and a dramatic increase in environment and player detail, we are setting out to create the best-looking and best-playing baseball sim ever created.
The Evolution of Road to The Show continues (All platforms) – First among the major improvements is a completely revamped advancement system, complete with improved logic and the removal of advancement goals. Also being introduced is a new beginning to a player’s RTTS career with the Topps Amateur Showcase, a series of games against other draft prospects. Additionally, the training system, logic, screens and modes have all been revamped to provide users with a more engaging experience.
oOther changes include a new player-creation process, the reintroduction of the “broadcast” presentation perspective as an option, and a re-envisioned Catcher Mode, to name a few (PS3 & PS4 Only).
Year-to-Year Saves (All platforms) – For the first time in franchise history, saves can be carried over from MLB 14 to future releases of The Show, meaning that gamers won't have to worry about starting their Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over in years to come.
Player Lock (All platforms)– The new Player Lock feature (a.k.a RTTS anywhere) gives users the ability to lock-on to any single player and enter games using the Road to the Show gameplay mechanic, allowing for faster games and more focused on-field action.
Quick Counts (All platforms) – Users will now be able to play a full nine-inning game in less than 30 minutes, half the time it takes in previous iterations of The Show. Despite the shortened game durations, realistic stats will not be compromised.
Community Challenges (PS3 & PS4) – Players will be able to freely toy and tinker with game situations and scenarios on the fly, whether that’s the inning, score, who’s on base, or where the ball is hit. These custom situations can be bundled with a creative set of goals and put forth as a challenge to the community, whether it’s to relive the past, change history, or dream of new possibilities.
Universal Profile (PS3 & PS4) – A new tendency-tracking system monitors and records gamers’ unique playing styles. Those patterns are stored in the Universal Profile, which can be viewed by anyone looking to get a quick scouting report on the player. The Universal Profile can also be subbed in in place of a CPU opponent in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise, making for more realistic head-to-head matchups when schedules prevent synchronous play.
Online Franchise (PS3 & PS4) – Finally, Franchise mode can be shared with friends online, with most of the features from the offline version making the transition, including Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency and CPU Trades. The mode will remain highly customizable as scheduling, divisions, postseason spots and more are all commissioner options.
Stubs (All platforms) – Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content – like Road to the Show training points – or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode. You can still purchase additional in-game content through the PlayStation Store.
Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings (PS3 & PS4) – In this mode, a player’s team is always looking for opportunities to challenge other users in an offline setting, which allows the user to earn bonus rewards the next time they log in. When online, the player has the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in an offline game where the CPU controls their team. Players can only benefit positively in this mode even if their team does not perform up to their normal standards.
Dynamic Difficulty (All platforms) – Baseball is a sport the dedicated love to master, but also one that can intimidate newcomers. In this year’s version of The Show, players who don’t feel like veterans yet can opt to start on a lower difficulty level and jump right in. An advanced logic system will then grade the user’s skill and adjust the challenge level up or down based on their overall performance. Batting and pitching are evaluated separately, so it’s possible for one to increase in difficulty while the other doesn’t, or even reduces. On-screen notifications will advise when the difficulty setting has been adjusted.
Franchise Improvements (PS3 & PS4 Only) – Efforts continue to improve the accessibility of Franchise mode. A new notification system, which keeps the user more connected to their organization and the league, serves as an “Assistant GM” and will make sure critical information is more immediately provided and more readily accessible. Also refined is the logic that helps the multi-season cycle of Franchise mode and all of the stats and developments therein resemble real life as closely as possible. Other additions include a player search and the ability to hire and fire coaches during the regular season.
True Broadcast Presentations (PS3 & PS4 Only) – The Show’s presentation crew has taken on a tall task for MLB 14: streamlining the game while enhancing the reality and increasing the variety of the experience. Pace of play is a focal point for the team as we strive to immerse the user in an even more engaging simulation. Heavy emphasis has also been placed on the stadium environment to feature the upgraded crowd actors, jumbotrons, LED boards, dugouts, specific stadium audio and a more engaged, responsive and unique crowd.
On the commentary side, the three-man booth of Matt Vasgersian, Eric Karros and Steve Lyons return for their second season together. This year's title will emphasize the three announcers in a more interactive, conversational style, yet will also continue to mine the world of baseball to find intelligent, timely and compelling commentary concerning today's teams and players. The overall goal is for the game to get deeper, and for the announcers to better adapt to changing game conditions -- including rising the enthusiasm level when the situation dictates.
MLB 14 The Show includes over 40 more enhancements, new features, and improvements!
- New dynamic gameplay cameras for batting and fielding
- New dynamic catch position indicator for fielding
- New baserunning paradigm (New animation core and logic)
- Completely re-done catcher animations suite (over 150 all-new catcher animations)
- More than 90 new batting stances
- More than 160 batting stance re-captures for players who changed their stances
- More than 50 new fielding animations
- More than 30 new pitching motions
- 20 new signature HR swings
- Intro Fly-Ins (PS4 Only)
- New bat boy and ball boy presentations (PS4 Only)
- All-new high-resolution crowd reactions, ambient noise, cheers, etc…. (PS4 Only)
- J*pan League-style and slap-hitter swing types (PS4 Only)
- Over 350 new fielding and batting animations (PS4 Only)
- Team specific, player specific, team generic crowd signs (PS4 Only)
- New RTTS Player Creation options, including the ability to model your skills, appearance, and signature animations after a real MLB player
- New and improved training modes, along with the addition of a new bronze/gold medal system.
- Easier trade requests (RTTS)
- Easier position changes (RTTS)
- Dynamic Potential for RTTS Player
- New injury presentations
- New Player Search feature
- Ability to hire/fire coaches in mid-season
- Notification system that keeps you connected to your team and league.
- New player contract logic that mimics real life
- New overall and potential formula
- Editable potential
- Refined player generation, with more position-specific attribute ranges (Online Franchise)
- New contract decision logic, which factors in contract renewable and arbitration status more heavily (Online Franchise)
- New lineup logic that takes into account secondary positions (Online Franchise)
- Refined trade logic (Online Franchise)
- Retired players stored for every season (Online Franchise)
- More player stats stored for every season (Online Franchise)
- New user management functionality at TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
- Make, accept, and vote on trades through TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
- Resolve and simulate games on TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
- League members can now manage games on TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
- New pitcher/batter status screen
- New pitcher/batter breakdown pop-up graphics
- Cycling help text
- Left-handed infielders
- CPU plate discipline logic has been re-written
- Pitcher can now bring up pitch history using L3 (same effect as R2 for the batter)
- New pickoff cameras
- New assortment of organ recordings
- Completely re-worked Plate Coverage Indicator (PCI)
|Product Type||P/O PS3 Software|
|Packaged Weight (Kg)||0.0100|
|Publisher||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Developer||SCE Studios San Diego|