Become a part of The Gamesmen Family!
Interested in joining The Gamesmen family? Look below for potential career opportunities
Join the Gamesmen Team!
Join our awesome Gamesmen Family in our 40th Year in business!
The Gamesmen are an Australian owned and operated family run business who have been trading since 1982. We have both a retail store in Penshurst NSW and an online fulfilment warehouse located in Riverwood. We sell video games, board games, toys and puzzles to our customers. We work as a team, value our employees and are passionate about what we do.
Job Application Requirements
- Email your resume with a cover letter to with the position you are applying for as the subject line.
- Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Include your availability in your cover letter.
- Please do not call the store as all calls will be directed to the email address.
If successful you will receive a brief phone interview in the days after your application and a follow up interview. Unfortunately we cannot reply to all applicants.
Bookkeeper Role - Part Time Permanent Position
The Gamesmen, a leading retailer of video games and gaming products, is searching for a bookkeeping superstar to join our team located in Riverwood NSW. The position is Part Time permanent position (20-30 hours per week).
We're looking for someone who's got the skills to keep our finances in order and the drive to succeed in a fast-paced gaming environment. You will assist in managing the day-to-day accounting and finance requirements of the business. The ideal candidate for this position will need a minimum of 5 years experience. Confidentiality, excellent organisational skills, and accuracy are essential qualifications for this position, as well as good communication skills and a high attention to detail.
If you're a self-starter with a passion for bookkeeping and financial management, read on!
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records, including Accounts payable and Receivable, general ledger, and bank reconciliation.
- Accounting software administration – entering of invoices and all other creditors and expenses.
- Creditor Payments/Accounts Payable – reconcile invoices and credit notes and make payments.
- Budget preparation and tracking.
- Reconciling accounts and resolving discrepancies.
- Working closely with the Accountant and Management Team to provide financial reports and analysis.
- Ensuring compliance with financial policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other Adhoc administration jobs such as vehicle registrations, account calls and general requests.
- 5+ years of experience in bookkeeping and financial management.
- Proficiency in Xero or similar accounting software.
- Experience in Accounts Payable & Reconciling bank accounts
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks